The ASG Graduate Fellowship is a work-study program designed to support students pursuing graduate and post-graduate degrees at Youngstown State University (YSU). Fellows will serve as residential advisors in international student dormitories and have opportunities to gain valuable experience in teaching, counseling, and advising among other study areas related to international business and education. Fellows also will have numerous professional development programs that can include coordination and delivery of teachers’ training programs or management trainee projects.
This program is especially suitable for (1) graduate students seeking to teach or work abroad in the fields of international education or business (2) international graduate students seeking to learn about American education programs and gain practical experience in academic instruction.
Successful candidates will receive financial aid packages that include partial to full tuition, room and board, as well as a monthly stipend. Fellows also will be eligible for full-time employment and international work engagements upon graduation.
- Partial to Full tuition scholarships
- Room n Board
- Monthly Stipend
Successful candidates are assigned short to long term projects where they have the opportunity to gain work experience and develop managerial skills.
Fellowship opportunities can range from operations and logistics programs to academic roles or sales & marketing programs. Candidates have served as residential advisors in international student dormitories, associate managers in marketing projects, and interns in accounting and finance departments.
Candidates may be offered full-time positions or long-term engagements depending on their performance and quarterly managerial evaluations.
- Aged 21 or older
- Already accepted at Youngstown State University Graduate program
- Self-motivated and driven
- Interested in working with international students or have interest in working overseas
- Have at least 2 years of part or full time work experience in any or multiple fields
- Pursuing related degrees in:
- Education/Teaching Related Fields
- Residential Life
- Multimedia/Graphics/Web Design Related
- Hospitality Management
- Social Work/ Student Counseling
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter that includes a brief statement about your interest in the fellowship and why you should be selected
Please note: All candidates must have their ACT 33 and 34 and Federal Clearances