ASG Honors Program philosophy is that you can learn outside the classroom as well as inside it. What better way to do that than to provide intellectually and communally engaged students the opportunity to live together and learn from one another? These communities have residents who hail from around the globe with varied background and interests. Despite these differences, the students share a common commitment to academic excellence, student involvement, and responsible living. Honors housing includes more freedom to practice time management and eat, study, and play on a more independent level.
ASG Honors Program offers quarterly field trips to cities of scholarly interest at a minimal cost to the student. Each trip incorporates academic and career development workshops with visits to historic and educational sites in the area.
ASG Honors Program facilitates workshops on everything from best study practices to how to manage relationships as a student. ASG Honors Program is committed to developing competent, bold, compassionate scholars. Workshops are central to this endeavor as we address topics not commonly covered in high school classrooms. Each workshop is designed to give students the skills they’ll need to succeed, not only in the classroom but also as leaders in the world beyond.
In conjunction with our Advising Program and partner organizations, students will have an expanded opportunity to:
- Explore careers, majors, and fields of study
- Develop a strategic university search plan and identify selection criteria
- Build student resumes – with things that matter
- Establish TOEFL/ACT/PSAT/SAT/SAT II Testing Recommendations
- Prepare for university visits and interviews
- Compare university curriculum
- Gather glowing letters of recommendation
- Brainstorm university essay ideas & edit – while still maintaining the student’s voice
- Create an application plan (when to apply, how to apply and what forms to use)
Expectations / Experiences
Recent news at ASG
- 8 Reasons to Pursue a Career in Nursing January 29, 2018
- Merry Christmas and Happy 2018 December 25, 2017
- ASG Participated in Greenville Christmas Parade December 20, 2017
- Korean Society held its annual Korean Barbecue & Karaoke Night December 19, 2017
- ASG Honors Program Students Attend 1st Quarter Banquet December 19, 2017
Call us: 724.638.5393
Write us: email@example.com
10 N Penn Avenue
Greenville, Pennsylvania 16125